Prayer & Worship
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength, honor and glory and blessing.” (Revelation 5:12)
- Holy Mass is celebrated daily at 7:10 am in the chapel. All members of the school community, including parents and guardians, are welcome.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is customarily held on First Fridays or another select day in chapel throughout the academic year. In addition, the traditional Forty Hours Devotion is held once a year with two full days of Eucharistic Adoration in chapel, followed by a communal celebration of Holy Mass, Eucharistic Procession, and Solemn Benediction.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated during communal Penance Services for the Advent and Lenten seasons. In addition, the Sacrament is offered bi-weekly in chapel during all lunch periods. Reconciliation is always available anytime upon request of the priest on staff.
- Athletics Prayer Services are conducted before games in chapel and are led by students on the team. Readings from Scripture, a short reflection, and a prayer of blessing set the tone for the competition ahead, reminding students that, whether win or lose, they are first and foremost Christian Student athletes are encouraged to dedicate each game they play to a particular private intention through the intercession of Our Lady of Victory.
- School liturgies are celebrated with the entire community throughout the academic year:
- Opening Mass of the Holy Spirit—September 18, 2016
- Our Lady of the Holy Souls Mass—October 26, 2016
- Mass for Giving Thanks to God/Close of Forty Hours—November 23, 2016
- Advent Mass—December 22, 2016
- Catholic Schools Week Mass—February 3, 2017
- Ash Wednesday Mass—March 1, 2017
- Ring Mass for the Class of 2018—April 7, 2017
- Holy Week Mass—April 11, 2017
- Mass in Honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary with May Crowning—May 19, 2017
- Baccalaureate Mass for the Class of 2017—June 6, 2017 at Visitation BVM Church, Trooper
- Closing Mass for the Academic Year—June 15, 2017