Archbishop John Carroll High School is committed to the use of technology in education and has embarked on a path of continuous growth in this area. We take pride in the following:
1:1 Chromebook Initiative
The mission of the 1:1 Chromebook Initiative at Archbishop Carroll High School focuses on using the device as a tool to enhance the educational experience of our students. Every student in grades 9-12 is provided a Chromebook. The Chromebook will be used in a variety of ways in the classroom. The focus is to provide students with multiple opportunities to research, collaborate and create. Learning is expanded outside the traditional classroom, as students take the device home at night, on weekends, and over the summer.
The focus of the Chromebook Initiative at Archbishop Carroll High School is to provide tools and resources for the 21st Century learner. Excellence in education requires that technology is integrated seamlessly throughout the educational curricula. The individual use of Chromebooks is a way to empower students to maximize their full potential and to prepare them for college and the workplace.
The library provides home and school access to the following databases: all POWER library resources including Ebscohost, OUP Ready Reference, Grove’s Dictionaries of Art and Music, as well as individual subscriptions to ABC-Clio history databases, Gale Virtual Reference Library, Gale Literature Resource Center and Science Reference Center, as well as the Encyclopedia Americana, ProQuest, Wilsonweb.
- Science classes make use of a networked wireless Computer Science Lab to conduct experiments and analyze data.
- A five-station networked Computer Lab is located in the Art Room where the Adobe Photoshop Program is integrated into the Art curriculum enabling students to engage in related research projects via the Internet.
- Most classroom are equipped with a SmartBoard, projector and computer. Internet access, Office products and textbook resources are also supplied to enrich student learning.
- Our Guidance Department has a four-station Computer Lab to facilitate the search of Colleges and the various Grants and Scholarships available under the direction of the Guidance Staff.
- The school has a wireless network.