Thank you for your interest in Archbishop John Carroll High School
We are currently welcoming applicants from the Class of 2024 (current 8th graders). For students currently in 9th grade and above, please visit our Transfer Student Enrollment Page.
The Application Process at Archbishop Carroll
Step 1: Apply
- Application: Complete and submit an online admissions application.
- School Records and Transcripts: Additional academic documents are also required:
- Transcripts or copies of final report cards from 6th and 7th grades
- Most recent 8th grade report card or progress report
- Most recent standardized test scores (Terra Nova, PSSA, etc.)
- Conduct and Attendance Record
– Contact your child’s current school and request all academic records from 6-8th grades to date be sent to you.
– Upload all records to your SchoolAdmin portal.
Quick Links to Apply:
Step 2: Visit Campus
- Schedule a Shadow Visit
We strongly encourage prospective students to experience a day in the life of a current Carroll student.Please schedule the prospective student’s visit at least one week in advance of the desired date. Click here to create your SchoolAdmin parent portal and pick a shadow date. Please note, if you have already submitted an application or signed up for an Open House, you should use the same portal account to schedule a shadow visit.
- Attend an Open House
*Please note, if you have already submitted an application or signed up for a tour, you should use the same portal account to schedule a shadow visit.Learn about the student-centered academics, active religious ministry, and exciting happenings at Archbishop Carroll! Visit our 60-acre campus and meet our faculty and staff. Student Ambassadors will be leading school tours throughout the event. Carroll President, Mr. Francis Fox, and Carroll Principal, Dr. Anchen Schulz, will be speaking in the Curley Family Library/Hageney Student Union Center. Athletic and student activity representatives will be present throughout the day as well. All walk-in visitors are welcome!
Step 3: 7th Grade Practice Scholarship Test
Due to Covid-19, the 7th Grade Practice Scholarship Test has been cancelled.
8th-grade students can earn an Academic Merit Scholarship to Archbishop Carroll High School. This 4-year scholarship is awarded to students with outstanding academic records and high achievement on the Carroll Scholarship Exam. Students taking the October scholarship tests at Carroll and receiving awards will be notified in December. 7th graders can take the practice scholarship test in April.
- Saturday, April 18 from 8-11 AM.
- Archbishop Carroll’s School Access Code is Z5
Step 4: Admission Decisions
- End of November: Academic Merit Scholarship recipients will be notified.
- First week of December: Applicants whose admissions file is complete (and not receiving a scholarship) will be notified.
- Rolling Admissions: all application files completed after December 1st will be considered on a rolling admissions basis.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office:
Director of Admissions
Admissions Office main line: 610-688-7610, Ext. 117