Thank you for your interest in Archbishop John Carroll High School
We are currently welcoming applicants from the Class of 2022 (current 8th graders). For students currently in 9th grade and above, please visit our Transfer Student Enrollment Page.
The Application Process at Archbishop Carroll
Step 1: Apply
- Application: Complete and submit an online admissions application.
- School Records and Transcripts: Additional academic documents are also required.
1. Transcripts or copies of final report cards from 6th and 7th grades
2. Most recent 8th grade report card or progress report
3. Most recent standardized test scores (Terra Nova, PSSA, etc.)
4. Conduct and Attendance Record
If you need to obtain new records from your school, or wish to send us official transcripts, please download the Transcript Release Form and submit the completed form to your school. (Please do not send this form directly to Archbishop Carroll; this will only delay the process!)
Quick Links to Application Forms:
Step 2: Visit Campus
- Schedule a Shadow Visit
We strongly encourage prospective students to experience a day in the life of a current Carroll student. To schedule, please submit a request. Please schedule the prospective student’s visit at least one week in advance of the desired date. To schedule a Shadow Visit, you must first complete an admissions application.
Quick Links to Visit Campus:
Step 3: Take the Scholarship Test (HSPT)
2018 8th Grade Scholarship (HSPT) testing is now closed.
This Fall, 8th grade students can earn an Academic Merit Scholarship to Archbishop Carroll High School. This 4-year scholarship is awarded to students with outstanding academic records and high achievement on the Carroll Scholarship Exam Students taking the October scholarship tests at Carroll and receiving awards will be notified in December. Please register at least 48 hours before the test date.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students are required to submit an admissions application and school records and transcripts.
Register for the Scholarship Test at Archbishop Carroll
Archbishop Carroll’s School Access Code is Z5
Scholarship Test Fee: $50
Please register at least 48 hours before the test date.
The day of the test:
– students should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time as the exam begins promptly on the hour.
– students should enter through the “A” doors to the left of the Chapel.
– students should bring #2 pencils, water and a snack.
– calculators are not permitted.
Quick Links to Register for a Scholarship Test
- Register for a Scholarship Test
Access Code: Z5
Step 4: Admission Decisions
We will communicate admission decisions on a rolling basis beginning December 1st.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office:
Director of Admissions
Assistant Director of Admissions
Admissions Office main line: 610-688-7610, Ext. 117