Thank you for your interest in Archbishop John Carroll High School
We are currently welcoming applicants from the Class of 2024 (current 8th graders). For students currently in 9th grade and above, please visit our Transfer Student Enrollment Page.
The Application Process at Archbishop Carroll
Step 1: Apply
- Application: Complete and submit an online admissions application.
- School Records and Transcripts: Additional academic documents are also required:
- Transcripts or copies of final report cards from 6th and 7th grades
- Most recent 8th grade report card or progress report
- Most recent standardized test scores (Terra Nova, PSSA, etc.)
- Conduct and Attendance Record
– Records and transcripts can be uploaded directly to the Admissions portal when you complete the online application. Or, if you prefer for your child’s school to send us the records, you can download the Transcript Release Form and submit the completed form to your school. (Please do not send this form directly to Archbishop Carroll; this will only delay the process!)
Quick Links to Application Forms:
- Complete the Online Application
- Download the Transcript Release Form (records can also be uploaded directly with the online application)
Step 2: Visit Campus
- Schedule a Shadow Visit – Now closed. Available again in Fall 2019.
We strongly encourage prospective students to experience a day in the life of a current Carroll student.Please schedule the prospective student’s visit at least one week in advance of the desired date. Click here to create your SchoolAdmin parent portal and pick a shadow date. Please note, if you have already submitted an application or signed up for a tour/Open House, you should use the same portal account to schedule a shadow visit.
Step 3: Take the Scholarship Test (HSPT)
8th Grade Scholarship (HSPT) testing is now closed.
This Fall, 8th grade students can earn an Academic Merit Scholarship to Archbishop Carroll High School. This 4-year scholarship is awarded to students with outstanding academic records and high achievement on the Carroll Scholarship Exam Students taking the October scholarship tests at Carroll and receiving awards will be notified in December. Please register at least 48 hours before the test date.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students are required to submit an admissions application and school records and transcripts.
Register for the Scholarship Test at Archbishop Carroll
Archbishop Carroll’s School Access Code is Z5
Scholarship Test Fee: $50
Please register at least 48 hours before the test date.
The day of the test:
– students should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time as the exam begins promptly on the hour.
– students should enter through the “A” doors to the left of the Chapel.
– students should bring #2 pencils, water and a snack.
– calculators are not permitted.
Quick Links to Register for a Scholarship Test
- Register for a Scholarship Test
Access Code: Z5
Step 4: Admission Decisions
- End of November: Academic Merit Scholarship recipients will be notified.
- First week of December: Applicants whose admissions file is complete (and not receiving a scholarship) will be notified.
- Rolling Admissions: all application files completed after December 1st will be considered on a rolling admissions basis.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office:
Director of Admissions
Assistant Director of Admissions
Admissions Office main line: 610-688-7610, Ext. 117