Thank you for your interest in Archbishop John Carroll High School
We are currently welcoming applicants from the Class of 2025 (current 8th graders). For students currently in 9th grade and above, please visit our Transfer Student Enrollment Page.
The Application Process at Archbishop Carroll
Step 1: Apply
- Application: Complete and submit an online admissions application.
- School Records and Transcripts: Additional academic documents are also required:
- Transcripts or copies of final report cards from 6th and 7th grades
- Most recent 8th grade report card or progress report
- Most recent standardized test scores (Terra Nova, PSSA, etc.)
- Conduct and Attendance Record
– Contact your child’s current school and request all academic records from 6-8th grades to date be sent to you.
– Upload all records to your SchoolAdmin portal.
Quick Links to Apply:
Step 2: Visit Campus
- Schedule a Shadow Visit
We strongly encourage prospective students to experience a day in the life of a current Carroll student. Due to Covid19, our Shadow Program has been suspended for the fall semester. We are working on a virtual shadow day and the link for that and information will be posted in early October.
- Attend an Open House
Our virtual experience tour will go live on Sunday, October 11, 2020. More information to come on social media and the link will be provided closer to the date. We will have a follow-up Red and White day walkthrough tour on Saturday, October 17, 2020. Registration for a time slot will be mandatory and more information about this day will be provided in October. If the day does fill up we will host a second Red and White day in November.
Step 3: Scholarship Test
8th-grade students can earn an Academic Merit Scholarship to Archbishop Carroll High School. This 4-year scholarship is awarded to students with outstanding academic records and high achievement on the Carroll Scholarship Exam. Students taking the October scholarship tests at Carroll and receiving awards will be notified in December. 7th graders can take the scholarship test in April.
- Saturday, October 3 and October 24 from 8:30-11:30 AM.
- Thursday, November 5 4:00-7:00PM
- Archbishop Carroll’s School Access Code is Z5
Step 4: Admission Decisions
- End of November: Academic Merit Scholarship recipients will be notified.
- First week of December: Applicants whose admissions file is complete (and not receiving a scholarship) will be notified.
- Rolling Admissions: all application files completed after December 1st will be considered on a rolling admissions basis.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office:
Director of Admissions
Admissions Office main line: 610-688-7610, Ext. 117