Welcome International Students!
Thank you for considering Archbishop John Carroll High School for your education in the United States. Archbishop Carroll High School is a home away from home for international students. Our 60-acre campus located in Radnor, PA, is an ideal location for international students. Situated on the prestigious Main Line and in the suburbs of Philadelphia, we are just minutes from Philadelphia and all the attractions a major city has to offer. We are a 30-minute drive from the Philadelphia International Airport. New York City and Washington, DC are easily accessible by train.
Established in 1967, Archbishop Carroll High School offers a rigorous, student-centered academic program and diverse student population. Each year, Archbishop Carroll High School admits a limited number of qualified international students in grades 9 through 11. To be considered for admissions, students must have a successful academic record and demonstrate strong English language skills in listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
International students can apply directly to Archbishop Carroll High School. In order for an international student to enroll at Carroll, he or she will need to apply through an approved CSIET agency or live with a blood relative. For more information on this, please contact Jacqui Calnan.
- Application for Admissions – All applicants are required to complete the Archbishop John Carroll High School International Student Application for Admissions
- English Language Proficiency Tests – Applicants are required to submit a copy of their language exams scores with your full name displayed. We accept the TOEFL, SSAT, or IELTS Score. We do not accept TOEFL Jr or SLEP scores.
- Transcripts – Submit a certified copy of your current school transcript. The transcript must show the last three academic years.
- Recommendations – Please ask your current English or Math teacher to write a letter of recommendation and submit the recommendation to the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
- Personal Interview – An interview is required as part of the admissions process. The interview can occur on campus or be completed via Skype. Interviews are by invitation only. Applicants will be selected for interviews after a review of their application, English Language test scores, and transcripts. The admissions office will contact selected students to schedule a personal interview.