Coronavirus and Public Health Information Page
Coronavirus and Public Health Updates
This page will serve as a central resource for Archbishop Carroll community members. Real-time updates, the status of ongoing decisions, and helpful resources will be posted here. The school will also proactively email (and possibly text/call) parents and students regarding any significant changes to regular school operations that would directly impact them throughout the coming months.
Important Update from Nurse Lerario
Course Selection Information
We would like to provide an update on the Course Selection Process for you. Please review all the materials and due dates. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your Guidance Counselor or to email@example.com
- Link to Course Selection Overview Communication
- Link to Course Selection Supplemental Material
- Link to Course Selection Form
- Link to Cabrini Application
- Link to Guidance Counselor Assignments
- Sophomore Retreat (Friday, March 13)- Canceled
- SAT (Saturday, March 14)- Canceled
- Blood Drive (Tuesday, March 17)- Canceled
- College Information (Thursday, March 19)- Canceled
- CAFE’ (Saturday, March 21st)- Virtual
- All-Catholic Orchestra (March 20-22)- Canceled
- Spring Open House (Sunday, March 29)- Canceled
- 7th Grade Scholarship Test (Saturday, April 18)- Canceled
- Please click here for events canceled from 3/13-3/29.
- Track and Field: Track and Field will have online and virtual workouts sent starting Monday, March 20. Team members should check their school email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Please click here for events canceled from 3/30-4/6
Field Trip Updates
Overnight Trip Updates
Decisions about student trips will be heavily influenced by CDC travel guidance and the U.S. Department of State. School leaders will be evaluating each trip on a frequent basis and notifying parents and students of any changes or cancellations as soon as decisions are made. The following outlines the status of all upcoming overnight domestic and international trips. Last updated: March 12, 2020
- North Carolina (Softball)- Canceled
- Malvern Retreat House (Kairos)- No change at this time, Closely Monitoring
- Harlem, Kentucky (Service Trip)- Canceled
SAT and ACT Updates
The SAT and ACT testing dates through May have been canceled. Please reach out to CollegeBoard or ACT for more information.
- It is strongly recommended that if you have a desire to take either test in June you should sign up ASAP. Archbishop Carroll is NOT a testing site for either exam again until next school year. Some colleges have decided to go test optional next year to alleviate any problems with being able to take the SAT/ACT. Do not rely on this being the case for every school. You should check colleges you are interested in to see if they have made this decision.
- SAT practice: Along with your Khan Academy account for SAT practice – you can also take a full test through them- Kaplan is offering free SAT/ACT tutoring for a month. To access this, go to your Naviance account, scroll down, and you’ll find a message for this on the left-hand side. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of either of these resources in preparing for the SAT/ACT.
- Students are asked to contact their counselors with any course selection questions. If you are unsure of who your counselor is, check our website under “CarrollU”.
- There is a copy of our updated COLLEGE PLANNING GUIDE on the website. Juniors are strongly encouraged to review this. Please contact your counselor with any questions.
- Seniors, continue to send in your college acceptances & scholarship offers to Miss DiMattia & Mrs. Nardelli. If you have committed to a school, please let us know that as well. If you have not visited a school yet and really wanted to, go to their website and take a virtual tour – most schools will have this feature & are enhancing this experience. Some schools are extending their deadline for responding to their offer of admission. Please check all your schools for this if you feel you need the extra time for decision making.
Subject Tutoring Resource
You may already use Khan Academy, but you can also find free resources on the following website: www.hippocampus.org. They offer videos in 13 different subject areas.
Counselor Office Hours:
Mr. Lynam: 10-12 & 1 -2
Ms. DiMattia: 9:00-12:00
Mrs. Landrum: 10:00 – 1:00
Mrs. Collins: 10:00-1:00
Mr. Weinrich: 9:00 – 12:00
Mr. McGeehan: 9:00 – 12:00
Mrs. Fleming: 9:00 to 12:00
Personal Travel Guidelines
The CDC offers a comprehensive guide for personal travel, including risk assessment by country and a traveler FAQ. We encourage all families to follow CDC guidance, including advice related to non-essential travel and self-quarantine procedures.
If you have a question and are not sure who to contact, please send an email to email@example.com. We will connect you with the best person to answer your question.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my child’s trip be canceled?
Decisions about student trips will be heavily influenced by CDC travel guidance and the U.S. Department of State. Due to the rapidly evolving nature of this situation, we will be monitoring and evaluating each trip on a frequent basis and notifying parents and students of any changes or cancellations as soon as decisions are made. We will also post ongoing updates on this page.