Welcome to Patriot Nation!
We are so excited that you and your family will be joining the Carroll community! This page is a resource for all incoming 9th graders and transfer students enrolled at Archbishop Carroll High School.
New Student Checklist
□ Complete the course registration form.
If you enrolled online, you automatically received a link to the online Course Registration Form via email. If you mailed in your Enrollment Form and fee, a link to the online Course Registration Form should have been emailed to you once your Enrollment Form was received by the Admissions Office.
If you have not yet received a link to the online form via email, please contact the Admissions Office at 610-688-7610 x167.
□ Take the math and/or foreign language placement exams.
- Math Placement Exam: Required for rising 9th grade students who are currently enrolled in or have completed Algebra I or higher level math course who wish to place out of Algebra 1. The exam lasts 45 minutes to 1 hour and is used for the sole purpose of placing incoming freshmen in the appropriate math course. Students should bring a pencil and calculator.
- World Language Placement Exam: Required for rising 9th grade students who wish to place into an upper-level world language course. We advise only rising 9th grade students who have studied Spanish or French for a full year or more, or students who are native speakers at home and wish to pursue one of these language tracks, to take this exam. This exam, which lasts for 45 minutes, is used solely for determining the appropriate language course placement for incoming freshmen.
The initial placement exam took place on May 22nd. If you have questions or would like to schedule a placement exam, please contact the Office for Academic Affairs (OAA) at 610-688-7610 x152.
□ Purchase the school uniforms and shoes.
Visit the Uniforms page for information on uniform needs and ordering.
All new students taking P.E. & Health during the 2019-2020 school year should order the P.E./Gym uniform from the Patriot Shop On-line Store. Click this link to order. P.E./Gym uniforms may be picked up at the Day One Picnic on Wednesday, Aug. 28.
□ Complete required forms prior to the start of school.
- Student Health Requirements (submit to the Health Office):
– Complete immunization record – must be submitted before the first day of school, see PA Department of Health’s School Immunization Requirements
Other required forms will be mailed to families over the summer.
□ Get your summer assignments.
- 2019 Freshman Reading (required for all rising 9th grade students):
1. Zusak, Markus; The Book Thief (REQUIRED – ENGLISH)
2. Albom, Mitch; The Five People You Meet in Heaven (REQUIRED – THEOLOGY)
3. Strasser, Todd & Leaf, Laurel; The Wave [1981 edition] (REQUIRED – WORLD HISTORY)
- Honors Math Packets
Students will complete a summer math packet. Packets have been sent to students who have placed into these courses.
Honors Algebra II summer packet
Honors Geometry summer packet
Honors Pre-Calculus summer packet
Honors Calculus summer packet
Please note: every mathematics student is required to have a graphing calculator. TI-84 Plus or silver is recommended.
□ Review your transportation plan.
Students will be issued busing and transportation information in late August or early September. Students living in a bused school district will be contacted directly by their school district. Students living in the Philadelphia or Chester area will receive a mailing from Carroll.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the main office at 610-688-7610.
□ Try out for fall sports.
- Start the Student Registration and Clearance Process – click here for instructions.
- PIAA Sports Physical Form – Must be completed after June 1st and submitted to the Athletics Office no later than two weeks prior to the start of the season.
- Attend the mandatory Fall Sports Meeting and Mass on Thursday, August 8th at 5:30 pm.
- Attend tryouts starting Monday, August 12th.
- Athletics Forms and FAQ’s can be found here
□ Plan to attend the Day One Orientation and Family Picnic on Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
□ Learn about the Aramark lunch program and load your Carroll lunch pass.
Congratulations! You’re now a Carroll Parent!
Check out our Parent Page