Welcome to Patriot Nation!
We are so excited that you and your family will be joining the Carroll community! This page is a resource for all incoming 9th graders and transfer students enrolled at Archbishop Carroll High School.
New Student Checklist
□ Complete the course registration form.
If you enrolled online, you automatically received a link to the online Course Registration Form via email. If you mailed in your Enrollment Form and fee, a link to the online Course Registration Form should have been emailed to you once your Enrollment Form was received by the Admissions Office.
If you have not yet received a link to the online form via email, please contact the Admissions Office at 610-688-7610 x167.
□ Take the math and/or foreign language placement exams.
Math Placement Exam: Required for rising 9th grade students who are currently enrolled in or have completed Algebra I or higher level math course who wish to place out of Algebra 1. The exam lasts 45 minutes to 1 hour and is used for the sole purpose of placing incoming freshmen in the appropriate math course. Students should bring a pencil and calculator.
World Language Placement Exam: Required for rising 9th grade students who wish to place into an upper-level world language course. We advise only rising 9th grade students who have studied Spanish or French for a full year or more, or students who are native speakers at home and wish to pursue one of these language tracks, to take this exam. This exam, which lasts for 45 minutes, is used solely for determining the appropriate language course placement for incoming freshmen.
The initial placement exam took place on May 22nd. If you have questions or would like to schedule a placement exam, please contact the Office for Academic Affairs (OAA) at 610-688-7610 x152.
□ Purchase the school uniforms and shoes.
- All new students taking P.E. & Health during the 2018-2019 school year should pre-order the P.E./Gym uniform from the school store, Carroll Corner. Please complete the P.E./Gym Uniform pre-order form here and submit to the Main Office by Wednesday, August 1, 2018. P.E./Gym uniforms may be picked up or purchased at Carroll Corner beginning in late August, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
□ Complete required forms prior to the start of school.
Student Health Requirements (submit to the Health Office):
- Student Physical Form – Please Note: This form is not interchangeable with the Sports Physical Form that is required by the PIAA for athletic participation
- Complete immunization record – must be submitted before the first day of school, see PA Department of Health’s School Immunization Requirements
Other required forms will be mailed to families over the summer.
□ Get your summer assignments.
- Freshman Reading (required for all rising 9th grade students):
1. Zusak, Markus; The Book Thief (REQUIRED – ENGLISH) – $11.42
2. Albom, Mitch; The Five People You Meet in Heaven (REQUIRED – THEOLOGY) – $9.88
3. Strasser, Todd & Leaf, Laurel; The Wave (REQUIRED – SOCIAL STUDIES) – $8.98
- Honors Algebra II or Honors Geometry:
Students will complete a summer math packet. Packets have been sent to students who have placed into either of these courses.
Honors Algebra II summer math packet
Honors Geometry summer math packet
Please note: every mathematics student is required to have a graphing calculator. TI-84 Plus or silver is recommended.
□ Review your transportation plan.
Students will be issued busing and transportation information in late August or early September. Students living in a bused school district will be contacted directly by their school district. Students living in the Philadelphia or Chester area will receive a mailing from Carroll.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the main office at 610-688-7610.
□ Try out for fall sports beginning Monday, August 13th.
PIAA Sports Physical Form – Must be completed after June 1st and submitted to the Athletics Office no later than two weeks prior to the start of the season.
□ Plan to attend the Day One Orientation and Family Picnic on Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
□ Learn about the Aramark lunch program and load your Carroll lunch pass.
Congratulations! You’re now a Carroll Parent!
Check out our Parent Page